1. Before you decide if this course is what you require please read this important communication.
2. Please ensure you are free to attend ALL weekends of the course before booking on the course.
3. Course work includes the twelve weekend practical workshops, four written (online) assignments, a work log comprising one hundred home treatments, two practical and two theory assessments, and three case studies. Further guidance on these items is provided after enrolment; the average prospective student should allow three to four hours per week throughout the year in order to complete the work commitment).
4. Course cost includes registration with BTEC, certification/exam fees, student membership of the ISRM (for one year), and insurance whilst attending practical sessions.
5. The BTEC course is now accredited to NVQ Level 5. If you are already Qualified to Level 3 or 4 and would like to advance to Level 5 check out our Bridging Course programme.
Course Entry Requirements
Attendance on this course is conditional on the following requirements:
All applicants must be aged 21 or older and be relatively fluent in written and spoken English.
Applicants must have previous experience of basic massage techniques or have attended either ASCT’s Introduction to Massage workshop or another Introductory course in massage.
Students will be required to obtain a First Aid qualification prior to completing the course.
An (ISRM) entry requirement for the BTEC Diploma course is that students complete a basic course of study in Anatomy and Physiology before or during their attendance on the course. If you do not have a qualification that covers this subject area, you must provide evidence that you are undertaking an acceptable A&P course concurrent with your BTEC course studies. Many of our students have found the course below highly useful in fulfilling this requirement.
If you wish to reserve a place on this course you may do so using the panel right.
Alternatively please request or download our Application Pack or contact us as per the contact details above or below.
No Risk Reservation Deposit
Yes. Please reserve me my place on this course. I realise that I may withdraw my reservation at any time by contacting ASCT direct.
As soon as we receive notification from Pay Pal that your payment has been authorised we will forward you further details on how to upgrade to a Standard Deposit (or to pay the Full Fee) and Course Registration Forms.
Step 3 -Download and complete/print Application Pack according to the included instructions, ensuring details are entered clearly *. Upon completion please forward the pack to:
17 Frederick Street
Leics., LE11 3BH
Step 4 - Make payment (see payment tab). Reservation Fees can only be made by PayPalTM. Full or other payments may be made by any of the methods mentioned on our payment methods window.
PLEASE NOTE: An application for a place on any course will not be confirmed until ASCT has confirmed that a place is available and that both your application form and payment (a Reservation deposit, Standard deposit, or full fee) has been received by our office.
* All information is for the sole use of ASCT and will not be passed onto any third party.
6th Nov 2017
9am - 5pm
If you have further questions please contact us as below,
Connective Tissue and Myofascial techniques, Positional Release, MET, STR, Trigger Point Therapy, Neuromuscular Facilitation, Strain-Counter Strain
Discover how to massage in non-clinical settings
Examine Flexibility, (Facilitated) Stretch, Relaxation and Stress Management
Investigate Postural Analysis and Core Stability
Explore Injury and Recovery - Analysis, Treatment, and Rehabilitation
Research Health and Safety and Clinical Hygiene
Deliberate Client Care, Assessment/Consultation, Communication skills
Consider Professionalism, Ethics, and Legislation
(For student work commitment see Notes tab item 3)
Are you seeking a career in massage?
Interested in learning advanced techniques?
Need a Massage Course to take you to the next level?
This course is an intensive route to a level five qualification in Soft Tissue Therapy. It is an ideal continuation if you have completed any course in basic massage skills and want to move to the next level.
The course is run over 12 months, through a mix of home study/practice, and attendance on practical weekdays - two per month (click Dates Tab). The final assessment takes place approximately two weeks after completion of the course, leading to the ISRM/BTEC (Level 5) Professional Diploma in Soft Tissue Therapy*. It is validated by the Institute of Sport and Remedial Massage (ISRM). Attendance on ALL practical weekdays is mandatory.
For those who have completed a Level 3 Sports Massage course, we also offer a Bridging Programme to Level 5, for the ISRM/BTEC Diploma.