17 Frederick Street
Tel: 01509 556101 Mob: 07971 192787
Complementary Therapy (ASCT)
The Active School of
17 Frederick Street, Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE11 3BH
Tel 1: 01509 551513 Tel 2: 07971 192787
1. Before you decide if this course is what you require please read this important communication.
2. Please ensure you are free to attend ALL weekends of the course before booking on the course.
3. Course work includes the twelve weekend practical workshops, four written (online) assignments, a work log comprising one hundred home treatments, two practical and two theory assessments, and three case studies. Further guidance on these items is provided after enrolment; the average prospective student should allow three to four hours per week throughout the year in order to complete the work commitment).
4. Course cost includes registration with BTEC, certification/exam fees, student membership of the ISRM (for one year), and insurance whilst attending practical sessions.
5. The BTEC course is now accredited to NVQ Level 5. If you are already Qualified to Level 3 or 4 and would like to advance to Level 5 check out our Bridging Course programme.
Recommended Course Books are available at The Active Bookstore.
Course Entry Requirements
Attendance on this course is conditional on the following requirements:
Anatomy & Physiology Distance Learning Course
If you wish to reserve a place on this course you may do so using the panel right.
Alternatively please request or download our Application Pack or contact us as per the contact details above or below.
No Risk Reservation Deposit
Yes. Please reserve me my place on this course. I realise that I may withdraw my reservation at any time by contacting ASCT direct.
As soon as we receive notification from Pay Pal that your payment has been authorised we will forward you further details on how to upgrade to a Standard Deposit (or to pay the Full Fee) and Course Registration Forms.
Full Fee: £2,685
Note: If a reservation fee (see below) has been paid the deposit is £645
Please refer to our payment methods page
How to Apply
Step 1 -
Step 3 -
17 Frederick Street
Leics., LE11 3BH
Step 4 -
PLEASE NOTE: An application for a place on any course will not be confirmed until ASCT has confirmed that a place is available and that both your application form and payment (a Reservation deposit, Standard deposit, or full fee) has been received by our office.
* All information is for the sole use of ASCT and will not be passed onto any third party.
9th Sep 2017
If you have further questions please contact us as below,
or on our enquiries form.
Important Note: Please ensure you are free to attend ALL weekends of the course (below) before booking on the course.
For alternate (Lincoln) course dates click here.
How the BTEC Course Evolved -
On this intensive 12-
Learn/revise and consolidate general massage techniques
Effleurage, Petrissage, Frictions, Percussion (Tapotement), Compression, Vibration
Learn advanced soft tissue techniques
Connective Tissue and Myofascial techniques, Positional Release, MET, STR, Trigger Point Therapy, Neuromuscular Facilitation, Strain-
Discover how to massage in non-
Examine Flexibility, (Facilitated) Stretch, Relaxation and Stress Management
Investigate Postural Analysis and Core Stability
Explore Injury and Recovery -
Research Health and Safety and Clinical Hygiene
Deliberate Client Care, Assessment/Consultation, Communication skills
Consider Professionalism, Ethics, and Legislation
(For student work commitment see Notes tab item 3)
Are you seeking a career in massage?
Interested in learning advanced techniques?
Need a Massage Course to take you to the next level?
This course is an intensive route to a level five qualification in Soft Tissue Therapy. It is an ideal continuation if you have completed any course in basic massage skills and want to move to the next level.
The course is run over 12 months, through a mix of home study/practice, and attendance on practical weekends -
For those who have completed a Level 3 Sports Massage course, we also offer a Bridging Programme to Level 5, for the ISRM/BTEC Diploma.
Download Course Prospectus
Validated by the Institute of Sport & Remedial Massage (ISRM)
* Previously titled “BTEC Diploma in Sport and Remedial Massage Therapy”
The ISRM/BTEC (Level 5) Professional Diploma
in Soft Tissue Therapy *